Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

6/18/2002

According to Time Magazine, the most important story of the week is "what it's like to be Tom Cruise."

Are you kidding me? I mean, I bow to no one in my love of all things pop culture, and I'm an ardent devotee of Time's sister publication Entertainment Weekly. But surely EW is the place for a Cruise cover?

It's not that there's something wrong with feature stories, but this one isn't even a particularly good feature. Cruise is hugely famous, and given the amount of information written about him, you'd have to come up with a pretty interesting new tidbit to warrant the front of a major national newsmagazine. Instead we get the exciting news that Tom Cruise loves his kids, and believes in Scientology and is a very efficient person. This is a cover story?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home