Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

3/06/2003

I think the main point to be learned in this story is not that Carl Everett is a jerk, it's that John Gonzalez is a crappy reporter.

"I'm here to do a big story on the team--kind of an overview" Mm, focused. Good.

"Are you ready for the center field duties?" What answer was he expecting here, exactly? "No, I'm really unprepared. Oops, better get on that, hadn't I?"

Half the time, the guydoes get legit answers to his somewhat lame questions, and just has no idea what to do with them.

M: Some people have talked about your weight. Is it an issue? Does that bother you?

CE: That's just y'all. That's the media. That's you guys. You don't know me.

M: Well, you don't know me, and you were lumping me with the other media and giving me a hard time about my paper.

CE: I don't like the media. I don't like them. I don't like the media


Gosh, wonder why this guy is at a paper Carl Everett has never heard of.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home