Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

11/14/2005

Culture Weekend

Took the Little Ballerina and the Heffalump to see Dan Zanes this weekend, with some friends from playgroup. It was cute and fun, albeit expensive (stupid Ticketmaster -- $5 service charge on a $19 ticket? are you kidding me?).

Although, geez, he's such a freakin' hippie. At one point, he introduced some guy -- "he was the one who discovered Michael Row the boat ashore!" -- like, oh my god, hide me. It brought back painful memories of my parents forcing me to listen to the Kingston Trio. (I didn't have Boomer parents -- worse, I had beatnik parents.)

So the guy then sings some song about how Ticketmaster charges too much, and my friends all point at me and laugh, like "hah, who's the annoying hippie now!" And I turn to LawyerMan and say "if he's starts in about Charlie and the MTA, I'm outta here."

Sunday, LawyerMan had to go to an unveiling, so I took the girls to the MFA. They were so excited it was adorable. Dresses and hair up in braids and pigtails.

Afterwards I asked Little Ballerina what her favorite part was.

"When we went to the cafeteria!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home