Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

3/24/2005

Soundtrack

Everyone has songs that bring up certain images. Where you were in your life, what you were doing when it was popular. For some reason, I get a lot of later associations with songs -- it was nothing that came with the song when it came out initially, but something later that's forever stuck to that song in my mind. And they're always these bizarre stupid associations.

For instance, whenever I hear "Stayin' Alive," I don't think of Saturday Night Fever, I think of "Airplane."

And when I hear "Moondance," I see this Robert Urich sitcom that aired, for like, a month, in 1990.

The one good one I have is "Your Song," which was the first dance at my wedding. A lovely association, but now, whenever I hear it, I see Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. But that's ok, since LawyerMan and I are dead ringers for them. It's spooky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home