Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

11/18/2005

More food blogging

Again, a takeoff from Nigella. Her recipe calls for roasting a chicken, then tearing it apart and eating with pasta. Too much work. If I roast a chicken, we're eating roast chicken for dinner.

But I had made sauteed breaded chicken cutlets the other night and had a some leftovers. The girls had pasta for dinner, so I made a little extra (bowties).

I diced two small sweet Italian onions and sauteed in a little oil.

Meanwhile, I put a handful of golden raisins in a bowl with a little water, and microwaved for about 1 minute.

Cut up the chicken into small strips. When the onions were soft, I added the pasta, chicken, raisins, and some kosher salt.

Stir around for a bit to heat up the chicken and pasta and pour into bowl.

Then I poured a little more water into the pan, added just a drop of liquid chicken stock mix and some dried minced onions. deglazed the pan ad reduced for a yummy salty, salty sauce.

Even enough leftovers for my lunch today. Now I feel virtuous, that I made our Sunday night dinner stretch for three meals.


(The breaded cutlets? A version of something in Martha this month: boneless skinless breasts butterflied and pounded out, soaked in milk, and dipped in breadcrumbs mixed with salt, pepper, onion powder and English mustard powder, then fried for a minute or two each side in oil and butter. I even got the Little Ballerina to eat these -- "I actually like it, Mommy!")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home