Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

1/19/2006

Did you know that you are very strong?

The Monster at the end of this book was my favorite book EVER as a kid. They had a copy at my dentist's office, and I was actually happy to go the dentist so I could read it.

It had become a half-remembered thing "I know I read it at the dentist, I'm pretty sure it involved Grover," until last year, when I was over at my sister's and saw the copy she had gotten for my nephew. I pounced on it and was so incredibly excited "this was my favorite oh my gosh I love this book" that I think I scared the kid.

A few weeks later Little Ballerina and I were in the Star Market and walked past a display of Little Golden Books. I told her she could pick two. She grabbed another book (Goldilocks, I think) and then spotted Monster.

"Look Mommy! It's your favorite book! We should get this one!"

Thanks, kid. I owe you one.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Moxie said…

    oh my god, the little golden books at the supermarket had me melting in the aisle. the pokey little puppy? the little engine that could?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home