Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

2/13/2006

Hormones

OK, so I don't normally watch Grey's Anatomy, but I happened to see part of it last night, and it drove me nuts. (Also, I discovered that my television for some reason thinks that show needs to be broadcast with Spanish subtitles. Just that show though so... whatever.)

So apparently, there's some major crisis going on at this hospital and they're all panicky and going nuts and in the middle of it there's like ten major medical incidents (like, take that ER helicopter) And one of the medical crises is that the chief of surgery is in labor, and her husband was on the way to the hospital and got in an accident and is now undergoing brain surgery.

And she flips out. Goes into denial. "I'm not having this baby today, take me home." Refuses to push, as if that were an option. To the point where one doctor says to another: "She's not Dr. Whoever right now, she's a woman in labor."

I hate this. HATE. Every TV show has this scene where the tough girl goes all nutsy when she's in labor. This woman is a DOCTOR ( and is apparently supposed to be a takes-no-bull, no-nonsense, tough chick) and she's all "No, I think I'll just cross my legs. I've conveniently forgotten all my medical training!"

Cause you know, the women, they're just crazy! Aw, she's in labor, you can't expect her to be rational! Just humor her!

So I'm ranting about this to LawyerMan last night and he says "well, you know it's the hormones." So I smacked him. What? It was hormones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home