Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

12/22/2008

I can kind of see how you get used to this; how you slip into a routine of gym, errands, picking kids up and dropping them off her and there. Of course, it's only been a few days, and there's been a backlog of errands to keep me busy, and I'm still so grateful for the relaxation that its kind of like a vacation. I sat on the couch today for an hour and read a book! Heavenly! I always used to put it exercising, or do shortened workout because I was "so busy" but really it was because I hate it; left without that excuse I'm doing more, though I still can't say I enjoy it. But I've found that I will run longer if it means I get to watch the end of that episode of the "West Wing" I tivoed, so, Aaron Sorkin, my fat ass thanks you.

But what worries me, what nags at the back of my mind, is that drawn out loneliness I remember from when they were babies, wandering around aimlessly pushing a stroller, chained to this small thing that I loved, yes, but offered no mental stimulation and prevented even the tiniest bit of self-involvement.

Today, bizarrely enough, I ended up making latkes for the pre-school Hanukkah party; which is amusing to those who know me and my complete lack of any Jewish skills. That's all LawyerMan's responsibility -- I think I've learned more through the Jewish pre-school then the Heffalump has. I'm still occasionally stymied when she'll ask me about some holiday, and I um and uh, and "ask your father."

I have no idea why I'm writing this. I suppose I'm afraid that my writing skills will shrivel up from lack of use (not that we're talking brilliant prose here) and I've found I can no longer write longhand; too many years at a computer have made this the only way I can get thoughts out.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger mp45 said…

    It brings a feeling of satisfaction to pose confidently in front of cameras and mirrors. You can flaunt your form at any angle without hiding anything against the camera. What you are worrying about is how to expose and emphasize the curves and forms of muscles on your amazing body. You have worked hard to earn this pride and have successfully dumped your old worthless body structure. Its time you share the secrets you have discovered that has brought a huge change to your lifestyle. This was the most promising product you have not hesitated to try on due to its convincing and truthful features. You will definitely recommend MP45 to your friends and relatives. This could be the change they have been waiting for years and you are a living proof that will show how effective these gym workout routines are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home