Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

12/23/2008

library thoughts

Why are the books on the "to be shelved" carts so much more interesting than everything else? Why do all the chick-lit books have women's feet on the cover? Seriously, if the cover shows a woman from the waist down, I can guarantee its a "hilarious romp about one woman's quest to rescue her life *and* find love!"

Also. I realize I am prone to irrational grouchiness about certain unimportant things. However, there is a protocol that's observed when two people are both looking at the same set of shelves in the "new books" section: you both take a step back, and stand at an angle at either side of the shelves, so neither is blocking the other person's view. This applies to you, pom-pom hat wearing woman (which, seriously? You're not 5.) You do NOT stand directly in front of the shelves, and make people peer around you while closely examining every single book on the shelf, and rejecting them all in favor of a fantasy/romance featuring a knight in green armor and an elf woman.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:40 AM, Blogger Overmatter said…

    I had the same thought about chick lit books and women's feet, and then I thought I should write an article about that, and then I forgot. But we should find out why the publishers do that. Feet don't make me want to read it more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home