Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

12/25/2008

I keep thinking that this is an opportunity for change. As part of my aforementioned massive laziness; I would have happily kept doing the same thing, as long as it worked, for as long as I could. I am not the sort of person who would seek out the new, and as long as the current was acceptable. So having change forced on me is really the only way it was going to occur.

And I am, I admit, extremely lucky to have the luxury of having the choice. I do realize that most people in this situation don't have that; that for them, this would be a heart-stopping, terrifying situation. I don't want to be one of those Caitlin Flanagan, conflicted housewives people. I am fortunate, *we* are fortunate, that this is more of a minor inconvenience (and in some ways not even that -- it's good to have one person free to deal with all the random life stuff.)

That said, it was not my choice to have a choice. I did not choose my choice, to quote Charlotte. But now that I'm faced with it, I'm wondering what I will do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home