Shocked & Appalled

Random rants

2/02/2009

Random

It's going around Facebook; I'm reposting here (for posterity, clearly).

25 random things about me

1. While I am very short (5 feet, 1/2 inch), I am not the shortest person in my family.

2. I have an intense, and some would say irrational, dislike of walk-a-thons, bike-a-thons, the Boston Marathon, and basically anything that ties up traffic in the name of charity or a race.

3. I can do a cartwheel and a roundoff.

4. I sing in the car, all the time, loudly, to the annoyance and embarrassment of my husband and daughters.

5. I have a brain full of trivia and pop-culture, and I don't entirely know how it got there. Henry VIII's wives and the lyrics to Charles in Charge are just sitting in my brain, taking up the space that used to be filled with the quadratic equation.

6. I can curl my tongue.

7. I was 22 before I learned how to pump gas (Hey - I'm from New Jersey.)

8. Sen. Arlen Specter once patted me on the head while I was interviewing him.

9. I have a big mouth, and a bad temper, and they've gotten me in trouble more than once.

10. I don't tend to have favorite foods, songs, or books. I fluctuate.

11. But when I do have a song I like, I will play it over and over and over again. Like, a dozen times in a row.

12. I didn't realize until I went to college that it was considered rude to read while you were eating, because my family would just sit at dinner with books and newspapers.

13. I can't watch movies or TV shows where there's drowning, or possible drowning. I've never been in trouble in water, and I'm fine on an actual boat or swimming, but I can't watch it without freaking out.

14. Therefore, I've never seen "Titanic"

15. I'm allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen.

16. I knew one month after we started dating that I would marry my husband. Took him a while longer.

17. I can't not watch Die Hard. If it's on, I'm watching.

18. I have a tendency to (unintentionally) mimic the speech patterns or accent of whoever I'm talking to.

19. I overuse parentheses and semicolons in my writing.

20. Things I get from my mom: my ability to schmooze, feet prone to callouses.

21. Things I get from my dad: my sense of humor, my temper.

22. Things I've given to my daughters: my stubbornness (some would say strength of will? Hopefully?), my height.

23. I have very thick, very curly hair. It took me a long time to learn to live with it, but now I kind of like it.

24. My feet turned in when I was born, and I wore a brace on my feet when I was very little. My parents sent me to ballet school "to learn how to be graceful." Didn't take.

25. I've really been enjoying reading everyone else's random stuff, but am secretly worried my stuff isn't interesting enough.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home